by Isabelle Workman
1. Start with small changes – instead of a diet overhaul, make small changes to what you eat and drink that will work for you now and in the future.
2. Take one day at a time – sometimes things don’t go as planned, even with the best intentions. If you miss on one milestone for your goal, don’t give up.
3. Be active your way – pick activities you enjoy. If you focus on having fun or learning a new skill that interests you, you will be more likely to stick with it.
4. Team up – find a friend with similar goals. Swap healthy recipes and be active together. Staying on target is easier with support and a cheerleader.
5. Celebrate successes – think of each change as a “win”. As you build positive habits and find ways to reach your goals, reward yourself. You have earned it!