by Isabelle Workman
The purpose of meditation is to make our minds calm and peaceful. It can help us be free from worries and discomfort.
It can be difficult to control our minds – it seems as if, like a balloon in the wind, it is blown here and there. Fluctuations of mood arise because we are too closely involved in external situations. By training in meditation, we create an inner space and clarity that enables us to control our minds regardless of external situations – whether good or bad. Meditating regularly can cause us to detach from external circumstances and experience a permanent inner peace. The benefits of meditation are:
1. Improved concentration and focus
2. Less stress, worry, and anxiety
3. Reduced irritation, anger, and frustration
4. Greater inner peace and happiness
5. Improved confidence and self esteem
6. Improved mental and physical well being.
7. A positive outlook on life and better relationships
Use the many different apps on your phone on mediation and relaxation. Tap into one and get started. Your mind and body will thank you!