by Isabelle Workman
Family meals around the table provide an opportunity to spend time together. Try these tips to help your family enjoy mealtimes together.
1. Plan your meals – avoid stress at mealtime by planning a weekly menu and posting it in a location for everyone to see, like a chalkboard in the kitchen.
2. Prep ahead – have ingredients for the week ready. After you shop, cut vegetables and measure ingredients in advance for easier meals.
3. Make mealtimes a priority – make time for family meals when planning your household’s schedule each week. Try to cook, eat up, and clean up together.
4. Think beyond dinner – if evenings are too hectic at your house, consider other meals for family time such as a weekend brunch or even afternoon snack time.
5. Keep meals fun and focused – keep the family table a media – and stress – free zone. Use your valuable family time to “unplug”, interact, and focus on each other.