by Isabelle Workman
1. Fire up the grill – use the grill to cook vegetables and fruits. Grilled fruits like peaches, pineapples, or mangos add great flavor to your cook out.
2. Expand the flavor of your casseroles – mix vegetables such as sautéed onions, peas, pinto beans, or tomatoes into your favorite dish.
3. Plan something Italian – add extra veggies to your pasta. Slip some peppers, spinach, red beans, onions, or cherry tomatoes into your traditional tomato sauce.
4. Get in on the stir-fry fun. Stir-fry your veggies like broccoli, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, or green beans for a quick and easy addition to your meal.
5. Be creative with your baked goods – add apples, bananas, blueberries, or pears to your favorite muffin recipe. Add fruit to your pancakes!!
6. Add veggies to your sandwiches – try sliced tomatoes, romaine lettuce, or avocados for extra flavor.
7. Make a tasty fruit smoothie for a snack or a dessert – blend strawberries, blueberries, raspberries with frozen bananas and add fruit juice and ice for a delicious frozen fruit smoothie!