by Isabelle Workman
1. Get Social – get active with your friends. Instead of going out for lunch, go for a walk outside, go hiking, walk around the mall, or play an exercise themed video game.
2. Move More At Work – fit more activity into the workday. Stand during phone calls, use a printer farther from your desk, and get up and stretch and move around every hour.
3. Do Something New – develop a new skill to kickstart your motivation. Sign up for a dance class, hot yoga, or a cycle class – anything that keeps you moving.
4. Keep Cool In The Pool – Don’t like to sweat? Hit the local community pool for a swim, water aerobics class, or water polo.
5. Stay On Track – use a super tracker – USDA.Gov to track your activity and calories burned. You can sync your Fitbit for easy entry and join a challenge for friendly competition.