by Isabelle Workman
1. Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table, counter, or in the refrigerator.
2. Refrigerate cut-up fruit to store for later.
3. Buy fresh fruits in season when they may be less expensive and at their peak flavor.
4. Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, and canned in water or 100% juice as well as fresh, so that you can always have a supply on demand.
5. Consider convenience when shopping. Try pre-cut packages of fruit (such as melon or pineapple chunks) for a healthy snack in seconds. Choose packages of fruit that do not have added sugars!