by Isabelle Workman
1. Buy fresh vegetables in season. They cost less and are likely to be at their peak flavor.
2. Stock up on frozen vegetables for quick and easy cooking in the microwave.
3. Buy vegetables that are easy to prepare. Pick up pre washed bags of salad greens and add baby carrots or grape tomatoes for a salad in minutes.
4. Use a microwave to quickly “zap” vegetables. White and sweet potatoes can be baked quickly this way.
5. Vary your veggie choices to keep meals interesting.
6. Try crunchy vegetables, raw or lightly steamed.
7. Plan some meals around a vegetable main dish, such as vegetable stir fry or soup. Then add other foods to complement it.
8. Include a green salad with your dinner each night.
9. Order a veggie pizza with toppings like mushrooms, green peppers, and onions.
10. Grill vegetable kabobs as part of a barbecue meal. Try tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions.